Special measures at ELIXIA concerning Covid-19
Updated the 12 of August, 2020
Welcome to our clubs!
On the 12th of March we decided to close all our Nordic clubs in order to prevent spreading COVID-19 infections, and thereafter we have been following the situation actively in different countries. The measures taken in Finland have been working and we have opened our clubs on the 24th of April 2020.
We have made special arrangements in order to follow the recommendations of the Finnish Institute of Health and Welfare (THL) in our premises. The measures concern preventing the spread of coronavirus as well as limiting the amount of people in the clubs.
the special arrangements in the clubs:
- Sauna and spa departments are closed until the 31st of July. Sauna and spa areas will be opened on the 1st of August - safety distance must be kept. The shower rooms can be used now, but we recommend that you’ll have a shower first at home, if possible.
- Child Care will be opened 1st of August with special measurements.
- The amount of participants in group training classes is limited up to 10-30 people. Safety distance is kept during the class, and at the end of the class will be time for cleaning the equipment. We will open more spots to the classes soon.
- In Build’n Burn and Prformance concept classes the amount of participants is limited to 4–9 persons depending on the size of the training room.
- For hygiene and safety reasons the following classes are cancelled: Senior and Hot classes, Box, HIIT the Ground, Cardio Club, Indoor Running and Pilates Ball.
- There are less group classes that are arranged at the same time.
- There are stickers on the floors of group training rooms to remind us of keeping the safe distance between each other.
- For hygiene reasons some of the training equipment is not available (boxing gloves, yoga mats and equipment, pulse straps and stretching mats). If you want, you can bring your own training mat.
- The classes will end 10 minutes earlier than usual so that the participants have time to do necessary cleaning and hygiene measures with the guidance from the instructor, before the next class starts.
- Cleaning measures have been increased in all our clubs.
How to act when you come to the club?
We ask you, as a member, to take part of the precautionary measures and follow the recommendations of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health.
- Even if you have only mild symptoms of illness, stay at home and don’t come to the club.
- If you have been ill recently, stay at home few more days.
- If you feel well and healthy, you are welcome to train with us! Remember to take care of the good hygiene, because it’s now more important than ever. After training you must also clean the equipment.
- Wash your hands carefully and often – don’t touch your face. Cough or sneeze into your sleeve, and clean the training equipment that you used extra carefully.
Special arrangements at Child Care
The childcare service will be reopened to members on August 1, 2020. The childcare service is open according to the group exercise schedule for 1.5-2 hours at a time, after which the facilities and toys will be cleaned before the next opening hours. Ball pools and toys that cannot be properly cleaned have been removed for now.
To ensure the safety and comfort of childcare for both children and caregivers, childcare should follow these guidelines:
- Make sure you have enough time when bringing your child into Child Care.
- Safety distance must be kept outside the room, when bringing the child. Remember to take your ID's.
- Make sure that both yours and your child's hands are washed before leaving the child into Child Care.
- Follow the hygiene instructions given during your training and wash your hands before picking up your child.
- If you or your child is sick, you must not come to our centers.
Stay happy and healthy!