Special measures at ELIXIA concerning Covid-19
Updated the 27th of May, 2020
On the 12th of March we decided to close all our Nordic clubs in order to prevent spreading COVID-19 infections, and thereafter we have been following the situation actively in different countries. The measures taken in Finland have been working. The Ministry of Social Affairs and Health has stated that the epidemic has slowed, and the restrictions concerning the Uusimaa region have been repealed sooner than planned.
Our clubs has been reopened for training on Friday the 24th of APRIL 2020 at 2 p.M.!
The reopening of the clubs means that we have to be very conscious of our responsibility and careful by making special arrangements in order to follow the recommendations of the Finnish Institute of Health and Welfare (THL) in our premises. The measures concern preventing the spread of coronavirus as well as limiting the amount of people in the clubs.
The Finnish Institute of Health and Welfare has outlined the phasing out of restrictions and raising the assembly limit to 50 people from June onwards. With the new guidelines, we will make changes to the operations of the centers, some of the special arrangements will remain the same:
the special arrangements in the clubs:
- Sauna and spa departments are closed now but will open in August. We will inform you more about the opening and operating instructions later. The shower rooms can be used, but we recommend that you’ll have a shower first at home, if possible.
- Breakfast will not be served on weekdays, but you can take coffee or tea.
- Childcare service is not available now but will open in August. We will inform you more about the opening and operating instructions later. If childcare service is included in your membership, you will get reimbursement in the next possible invoice.
- The amount of participants in group training classes is limited up to 9 persons (+ instructor), according to THL’s recommendations. The number of participants in group training classes will be increased to 10-20 people on 8th of June 2020. Safety distance will still be 2 meters during the class, and at the end of the class will be time for cleaning the equipment. Please note that limited capacity can cause queues in the booking system – thank you for your patience.
- In Build’n Burn and Prformance concept classes the amount of participants is limited to 4–9 persons depending on the size of the training room.
- Group training classes will move on to the summer schedule from 1st of June 2020
- For hygiene reasons the following classes are cancelled: Senior and Hot classes, Box, HIIT the Ground, Cardio Club, Indoor Running and Pilates Ball.
- There are less group classes that are arranged at the same time.
- There are stickers on the floors of group training rooms to remind us of keeping the safe distance between each other.
- For hygiene reasons some of the training equipment is not available (boxing gloves, yoga mats and equipment, pulse straps and stretching mats). If you want, you can bring your own training mat.
- The classes will end 10 minutes earlier than usual so that the participants have time to do necessary cleaning and hygiene measures with the guidance from the instructor, before the next class starts.
- Cleaning measures have been increased in all our clubs.
Do you want to continue home training?
We have collected all you need for home training in one place! Here you’ll find motivation and instructions for your home training so that you can continue with healthy life style at home, if you want. Due to this exceptional situation all our members have access to our Online Training service, regardless of the membership type.
- We offer broad variety of Online Trainingclasses and training programmes for home use.
- Take part of Livestream group training classes and train together with other Nordic members at the same time! At Livestream classes you don’t need any training equipment.
- We offer outdoor training in some of our clubs, like Outdoor Running& Outdoor Crosstraining.
- Train outside together with a Personal Trainer. Contact Personal Trainer to book a training time.
How to act when you come to the club?
We ask you, as a member, to take part of the precautionary measures and follow the recommendations of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health.
- Even if you have only mild symptoms of illness, stay at home and don’t come to the club.
- If you have been ill recently, stay at home few more days.
- If you feel well and healthy, you are welcome to train with us! Remember to take care of the good hygiene, because it’s now more important than ever. After training you must also clean the equipment.
- Wash your hands carefully and often – don’t touch your face. Cough or sneeze into your sleeve, and clean the training equipment that you used extra carefully.
Here you’ll find answers about membership during the exceptional situation caused by coronavirus.
We are excited to see you again! Stay happy and healthy.